Friday, November 11, 2016

Musical Timeline

Here we have it, my timeline:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6pQNLAKIgADSlhNcHRwWUxWYW8/view

Music and nostalgia are key forces in my life.  With a certain song, I can be carried across time and space to places unimaginable… and into the life of someone I maybe never got to know.

It was with this in mind that I undertook this project for Bobby.  I took a timeline that I did not comprise – the credit for that goes to a man on the Bobby Driscoll Yahoo Group – and did some editing and adding.

Firstly, I did abridge it slightly to remove alot of the legal aspects (such as when Bobby’s contracts started and stopped, etc.), interview dates, and public appearance dates.  There were alot of these, particularly in the late 40′s and most specifically in 1950, and it made reading a bit tedious to the average viewer.  If you ever want to see the unabridged version, however, contact me and I’ll give it to you.

Secondly, I reformatted and added some font effects, the pictures, and the heading and afterward.

Thirdly, I added the names of songs for every few events that were number one on the billboard charts at the time.  It is this part that I hope some of you who are like myself will enjoy – the chance to hear a little of the cultural atmosphere that enveloped Bobby during his lifetime, perhaps pulling you into the thick of the action.  For each song I put in here, I had a mental image of what Bobby might have been doing while listening to it on the radio or in his car.

Sappy much?  Probably, but I am a sappy person, and I thought this would be sweet.  I loved doing it, and now I’m sharing it with you.

Btw you can find ALL these songs on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...