Friday, June 9, 2017

Some Good Screenshots from Some Good Acting

I took more screenshots of Bobby as Lew Conover a couple days ago.  What's my fascination with this role, you may ask?

.... Nothing, actually, other than that this is one of the few leading TV roles he had as an adult that I have a copy of.  So, gotta work with whatcha got!

Which, btw, leads to another reason I'm posting these.  Running a Bobby Driscoll blog can be daunting for the lack of new content that comes 'round.  Sometimes you just have to make your own.

Oops, forgot to crop some of these, but it doesn't matter.



These might seem unremarkable but for my love affair with the man's profile.  They're good angles I thought...

 This next one is another one that interested me for good reason!



Note the similarities of this with this:


It's a great kid/adult parallel, don't you think?  It's always fascinating to me to observe how the human face changes from year to year, yet also how it stays the same over decades.





I really love these because they show how good Bobby was at conveying emotion with his face.  Often, 1950's acting could feel stiff and "professional."  Bobby, however, seemed before his time in his ability to get lost in the mood behind the lines he read.  When you actually watch this show, you can see him subtly trembling with rage in this scene and the veins in his neck popping every so slightly.  What wonderful acting ability, such a talented guy....

If there's one thing I wish I had more access to, it's Bobby's TV work.  People downplay it because it was only TV and not movies, and during his big decline, but it's still wonderful acting and the chance to see how his talent followed him into adulthood.

What might he have gone on to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...