Thursday, August 31, 2017

More Bobby edits with some thoughts thrown in

I think I'm just gonna post the rest of these since I don't have anything particularly good to blog about this week.

Now next week, get ready for an elaboration on "A Matter of Life and Death" from TV Reader's Digest!


I'll be honest, I"m not so big on this edit and may redo it.  The yellow effect on his upper lip kind of looks like a mustache.  But I added a link from the interview with red Brown he did back in 1962.  I have heard from more than one person that Bobby had a gentle spirit.  I may have even said this before, but a passionate, sunny disposition juxtaposed with gentleness seems to be kind of a unique personality blend.  I'd give anything to have experienced Bobby in person back all those years ago....


An edit I did of the main picture on this blog.  The earnestness in his eyes is not lost, for sure.


Another quote by Fred Brown that I thought is perfectly exemplified in this picture of Bobby.


A little of that Peter Pan magic, even years after...


I loved how this filter looked like a painting!


I only realized later that I used the same filter here as I'd used on the earlier Peter Pan picture, but oh well, it was a good one for this shot.

By the way!  I did get to talk to Tosh Berman one day this past week -- a total treat, given who his dad was to Bobby -- and he spoke of remembering family picnics his parents and Bobby/Marilyn/Kids went on in his very early years.  

This made me happy.  I read once in the very small selection of Semina Culture how Wallace had at one point put down a hard boundary with Bobby by telling him he could only come around when he wasn't on drugs -- a thing which Bobby apparently respected.  I'm not sure if that was in those early days, or later, but what I hope is Bobby was able to have fun with his children during these picnics without the influence of substances hanging over him.  I can't help but wonder how attentive a father he was when he was clean and sober, even if for just days at a time.  Was he easy-going with his children, or over-protective and anxious to pluck them up if they toddled too far away from where he was?

We may never know, but we can definitely imagine.

Hope you all have a lovely and fruitful week.  See you again next time, with more screenshots and episode descriptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...