Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Bobby Driscoll Website

Hi all.  I made a mistake with this entry by starting in on telling people what happened to remove bobbydriscoll.net from us... but then I realized it isn't my story to tell, and even if it was, I don't know all the details anyway.  But I accidentally hit some kind of "hot key" on my keyboard that published while I was still on the first paragraph and didn't have a chance to back out of posting about it...

So here it is, and it's all I'm going to say.

I just want to tell the author of the site that the comprehensive collection of Bobby's works -- particularly the radio programs most of us will never be able to find again -- was priceless.  I know this person must have poured time and resources into the project, and I hope they are able to find peace and move on from any hard feelings.  When blogging about or sharing information on a public figure, there's often bound to be some controversy.  I'm not here to expound on any of that, because it isn't my business.  I only wanted to thank you for what you did give to us for a time.  It will not be forgotten.

But I do want to say one last thing to everyone:  please be kind.  Always.  People can make mistakes with content, facts, etc., but I don't feel it's usually done with malicious intent.  If you ever have questions or concerns about what someone posts, the best thing to do is send them a private email and just have a discussion.  Even if things look a certain way to you, please don't accuse without just talking first.  The internet is a tricky place, and even though I comb my stuff regularly to be sure I haven't posted anything private that belongs to anyone else, I could always overlook something.  It could literally happen to anybody.  That being said, DO be careful, any time you're posting about a public figure, to check and double-check copyrights just so nothing slips up on you.

Also:  for those who wonder if the website was mine, because I do believe there's been confusion about that before... it wasn't.  I have neither the skill nor resources to take on such a big project.  Therefore, you all have to settle for some good ol' subjective blogging out of me!

And that's all.  I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and has a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...