Monday, December 11, 2017

Pic from "Laughter Is A Boy"

So this morning a dear friend sent me this precious thing:


This is a still of Bobby from the "Laughter is a Boy" episode in Medic.  Isn't the 50's hair great?  :)

The person who supplied me with this also told me how the young actor portraying Bobby's younger brother -- Peter Votrian -- had nothing but good things to say about working with him.  I've actually heard this from just about everybody, but Tommy Kirk also gave them when he played a youngster in "Ah Wilderness!" alongside Bobby.  It goes to show one of the ways in which Bobby seemed to have a big heart.  Alot of us know about being "bullied by the older boys."  But he was no such one.  A wonder, when you think about it and recall that he himself was bullied in high school.  It would have been typical for him to try to take his rage out on a younger set, but he didn't. 

As far as anyone knows so far, he never did.  The one and only time I've heard of that he let his rage at another human being get the best of him was in the case of the car washing heckler.  And even then, it sounds like what started that whole thing wasn't as much the names the guy was calling Bobby as the lewd comments he was making toward Suzanne.  Not that I'm saying Bob still shouldn't have taken the high road here, but my point is, most accounts tell of him being loving and accepting versus moody and unforgiving.  One of the many of dozens of reasons he is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...