Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Crying in the Rain


This song was one I’d long forgotten about, but heard again last night, and immediately thought of Bobby.

It’s directed toward a woman and getting over a breakup, of course, as most sad songs are, but I saw extra poignancy in it and thought of Bobby’s life.  He hid so much of his sorrow from sight, something it seems he felt he had to do in order to get through the tough times.  The fact that he died hidden away from his numerous family members and friends testifies to the fact that he was most comfortable suffering quietly.

The most moving quote for me in all this is, “Someday when my cryin’s done… I’m gonna wear a smile and walk in the sun.”  We can’t know at what point in time Bobby finally gave up on that happening on this side of heaven, but I like to believe that he knew he would be going to a place after his death where life would become new and beautiful for him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...