Sunday, March 12, 2017

Brown Eyes

So Dear To My Heart, 1948
Melody Time, 1948
Treasure Island, 1950

So I am blogging this because I feel those top couple pics are the very best I’ve seen for showing off the exact shade of Bobby’s brown eyes.  I’d always wondered, were they dark, inky brown?  The color of toasted coconut, as I mentioned once before?  I’d had a yen they were lighter, because in his black and white pictures you can still see his pupils in contrast.

And now, here they are!  I’ve seen these pics a handful of times, I don’t know why I just now got hit with an “Ah ha!” moment on this.

UPDATE
Actually, since doing this blog post originally, I've come to read Bobby's daughter Aaren's poem which claims her father had sea green eyes.  As I'm sure we would all agree that Aaren would know, I've come to wonder if Bobby most accurately possessed hazel eyes -- that could be green and brown in turns.  Certainly all of the pictures I've seen have shown his eyes with more of a brown hue than green, but at the same time, none of these pictures is a close-up.  Maybe if we were to sit across from Bobby, or to be on his lap -- as Aaren was -- we would see that beautiful, elusive green.  Either way, hazel and green eyes are certainly in the minority, as are brown eyes this light.  So that tells us how unique Bobby's eye color was any way you slice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...