Sunday, March 5, 2017

Ó hEidirsceóil.

Hi All!  Happy Sunday to you.  I hope everyone’s had a good first week of March!

I have a couple of Bobby blurbs for us today, but firstly, might I draw your attention to the title of this post – some of you might have figured it out, but that is the original Irish spelling of Bobby’s last name.  What a bored, obsessive person might I be to look such a thing up, you may ask?  Well let me assure you, I came upon this quite accidentally, so don’t judge :P  I was strolling BehindtheName.com looking for an RPG character name in the Irish category when what pops right up at me from the screen?  This!

I love it, so I had to share.

Also, Hank, aka yourgrandpop on tumblr gifted us with an awesome addendum to the Natalie Wood/Bobby spread he found!  Thanks so much for sharing, Hank!  This is Bobby and Natalie in what is presumably Bobby’s car at Tiny Naylor’s, a California diner.



How adorable is this?  Btw, going back a few lines, I do like to assume this is Bobby’s car because I know he was crazy about cars, and enjoyed working on his own.  That leads me to believe he might’ve pushed hard for this photo shoot to happen in his own vehicle.  

If only we might ask Natalie what her memories were of this sweet photo shoot from the early 50′s – but she’s dead too.  I’m pretty sure I’ve lamented this way before on here, but slowly those who knew Bobby and can tell us these little things are disappearing.  Soon, a good deal of firsthand knowledge about him will be lost.  This is why I wish someone would write a book, but it might already be too late to assemble alot of information.  

Anyway, I digressed to something depressing, sorry.

My second bit is to talk some about So Dear to My Heart, which I FINALLY saw this past weekend!  I would have to say this is my favorite of Bobby’s “little boy” movies along with Sunday Dinner for a Soldier.  Bobby’s acting ability once more outshines everyone else’s, and his facial expressions are unparalleled.  My ultimate favorite was the one he wore during the after-dinner scene with his grandma, uncle and cousin (I think that’s what Luana was in this movie??) when his Uncle Hiram first mentioned the County Fair.  The little sidelong glance he gave Luana was absolutely priceless.

I do remember reading in a newspaper article from way-back-when that Bobby did have a “job” on set of actually feeding the lambs.  I bet he greatly enjoyed this, as I recall reading later that he’d considered being a veterinarian when he was young.



That must be where this pic came from, which I’m sure most of us has seen before.

So there we have it!  A brand new pic and an elaboration on So Dear to My Heart, plus a new Irish word for us all to memorize the spelling of (ha!).  I’ve been nice and productive this week, haven’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...