Thursday, March 29, 2018

Last Breath

Sitting here in bed after a crazy busy day, drinking my tea and checking email -- and switching my cards to a gorgeous new wallet I acquired during a spontaneous shopping hour I managed to throw in between two commitments...

It hit me.  It was fifty years ago tonight, y'all.

I know I take liberties here, because he was found and declared dead on 3/30.  But I tend to believe... 1) as there has never been any word of mouth that his body was in bad condition from the coroner's report, which select people have read... 2) as he was thought to only be asleep at first by the two boys who found him... and 3) as his picture was taken and shown around the neighborhood for identification... that he obviously hadn't been there but maybe a few hours.  If that was the case, he would have died sometime in the night of 3/29. 

So I decided to blog now, in what maybe were his final hours.  Bobby, I pray you weren't afraid.  I hope you had some time of being numb to the heartache, maybe even the physical pain, and the loneliness, before your body just stopped.  No one will ever know what those last hours, or even that last day, was like for you.

At that point, you probably felt forgotten and like it wouldn't matter to anyone what happened to you.  You might not have even cared.  But I hope, where you are now, that you can see how many people have gathered over the years to pay tribute to the person you were.

Have a beautiful eternity on that Island in the Sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...