Tuesday, March 2, 2021

84th Birthday

 So it's that day again. 💚💚💚

Would Bobby still be alive today if drugs hadn't interfered? It's hard to know. I'd love to think so. As a caregiver of the elderly, I've wondered alot about what kind of old man Bobby would have been. Would he be hard of hearing? Would he walk around with the unconscious habit of re-tucking his shirt in? Would he insist on calling businesses and talking to a real person instead of following automatic prompts, or worse yet, doing something ONLINE? Oh and here's another good one: making sure the radio and the air conditioner are off in his car before turning it off. Something tells me he would have been really persnickety about that car. He was, after all, a car aficionado. 

We'll never know about any of those things, but we can still be grateful the world had him for awhile, and that he left a big enough impression for us to trace remnants of even now.

So on this day, I say Happy Birthday to our sweetest Bobby. Bob, I hope wherever you are, there are lots of hot rods for you to tinker with, dogs for you to play with, and good coffee shops for you to listen to jazz in. But no matter what you're doing, I'm so glad you're at peace. 🌹 Thank you for everything you left us with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...