Saturday, March 6, 2021

Reneging Some Earlier Statements

Good morning, All!

Last night at some point I received a message from the widow of Lester Ferguson stating that he was not, in fact, a force that lead Bobby astray with drug use.  She said he was a kind, intelligent man who was a good husband to her and passed away in the 80's

She did not leave me an email address with which to contact her, so I'll do it here:

I am so, so sorry for any misinformation I received and then repeated about Lester.  It was not my intention to insult anyone in his family, and I sincerely apologize.  I can only imagine how hurtful that must have been to you as his wife.  This blog is intended to honor Bobby and those in his life, but I can definitely get facts wrong, and I appreciate you calling me out on them.  I'm going to remove all comments about Lester from the post "Bobby's 1956 Drug Arrest."

Also, I invite you to submit a letter or article depicting the "real Lester" and his connection to Bobby, only if you want to, and I am happy to publish it in order to restore his legacy.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the pain and frustration this caused you.

3 comments:

  1. I just wrote you and I think it deleted itself? Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and also! My email is jessah82@gmail.com if you wanted to speak directly. =)

      Delete
  2. I didn't get it, I'm sorry. Did you send it on here?

    ReplyDelete

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...