Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Today's Significance



Roderick Richards from the Facebook group Bobby Driscoll Remembered did this awesome edit, and I love it.  I feel like he nailed Bobby's coloring here better than most photoshop jobs I've seen.  It almost made me wonder for a minute if it was actual color footage.

So it was today sixty-three years ago that Bobby was found by kids playing in an abandoned apartment.  We say it's his death anniversary because we know no other date to attribute it to, but who knows how long he'd lain there before his drug-destroyed body was discovered.

Bobby, I'm glad you're not suffering now, and didn't have to struggle onward as long as so many drug abusers do.  As badly as we hate the fact that you didn't live longer, a life lived on what was left of you wouldn't have been life at all.  

Enjoy the sunlight and the breeze, far removed from the dirty, merciless streets of the East Village of the 60's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...