Friday, July 14, 2017

Bobby Art #2

Okay, so I am BAD at delayed gratification. 

My general rule is to post about once a week, though in the past I have lapsed to maybe every two weeks.  There's not a lot of new Bobby out there to elaborate on usually.... alas, the Struggles of the Obscure Star Blog Writer. 

So when I do get either new information or inspiration for something to commentate on, I say I'm going to hold out at least a week past my last post.  But sometimes I totally can't help jumping the gun....

PicsArt is so much fun, and I highly recommend it.  Finding a new "toy" is so toxic to my addictive personality, I swear... but at least I wasn't at work when I actually put these together.  Since the program's on my phone, I've been able to do them almost anywhere else, though.

My discovered love and appreciation for Bobby has truly caused my creativity to peak.  He has inspired so many of my artistic endeavors over the last year and a half -- between painting, writing stories, doing these edits, creating the musical timeline, and painting the stones I'm going to take to New York to set out in October, my artistic temperament has found a muse upon which to thrive. 

Art endures forever.  Knowing how much he loved art, music and poetry himself, I truly feel Bobby would be so happy to see how his life has inspired it in other people who lived long after he was gone from here.  Here are some great examples:

  • Come Back to the Five and Dime, Bobby Dee -- An album by Benjy Ferree based on Bobby's life
  • Shooting Star: The Bobby Driscoll Story -- A biographical Broadway play that ran a few years in the 00's
  • Daughters Aaren and Kathy's poetry about their dad (which would be the thing to make him MOST proud, I'm sure!)
  • Numerous fan sketches on DevianTart
  • Two gorgeous watercolor pics of Bobby as a child that I can't find the information about at the moment....

And these are only the things we know about that have popped into being since we had the internet to share them.  There are so many reasons I wish I could tell Bobby he didn't live in vain, if only I had twenty minutes.  The art his memory generated is one of them.

But I think he already knows.

Anyway, I digress!  Here is the Peter Pan edit I did.


This is the only one I'll post at the BOTTOM of my spiel.  Doesn't that drive you crazy? ;D  Like when you find amazing recipes on blogs, but you have to scroll down through the blogger's whole life story and fourteen pictures of whisks and eggs just to get to the ingredients and directions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...