Monday, July 10, 2017

Bobby's Collage

This week, I'd like to draw your attention to this:



This was, as many of us know, one of Bobby's collages in which he SUPPOSEDLY pasted his face onto this other person's.  Or at least, people say that.

However, even though we know the work of art was Bobby's, I can't seem to find anywhere where he actually stated that this was his face.  I wonder if we all just assume it was his, and not someone else's -- a friend's, a picture out of a magazine, etc., because, is it just me or does anyone else not think it does looks a thing like him?

The first reason I tend to be skeptical is because the nose seems different -- the tip looking to go downward more than ending in the upward "ski slope" we know Bobby's did.  I also think the lips look a bit thinner than his.

And another thing:  I love sideburns on a man so I've always paid attention, and never, in any of the pictures I've seen of Bobby, did he have sideburns that long, even when long sideburns were in style.

The eyebrows seem different too....

This just honestly looks to me like a different person whose face Bobby borrowed for his collage.  However, this is my personal assessment, which could be flawed.  There is some "distressing" of the face in this work, which could be distorting it in my eyes and making it seem like someone else.  Maybe the expression is just an odd one I'd never seen him make before, so it seems foreign.  As for the sideburns, I'm sure I've not seen EVERY SINGLE hairstyle Bobby ever had, so who's to say he didn't try out sideburns for awhile?

So I'd like to hear from you!  What do you think?  Is this person Bobby, or isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please always be kind and respectful to each other :)

One more thing...

 I had a serious moment today when I came across a piece of art. This person rendered something that was complex, beautiful and heartbreakin...